Welcome to the Center for English as a Second Language (CESL) at the University of Arizona!
Arriving in Tucson
Tucson Airport transportation information: flytucson.com/transportation/shuttles-limos/
Tucson Airport Shuttle: airportshuttles.com/tucson
Staegecoach Express: stagecoachexpressshuttle.com
Latrikunda Transportation Shuttle: email@example.com or 520-991-5906
AAR Total Transportation: 520-339-3394
Uber: Book through Uber app
Lyft: Book through Lyft app
Welcome and Intake Steps
All students attending class on-campus must submit current, valid documentation for the MMR immunization (measles, mumps, rubella). You may upload your MMR immunization documentation here: https://health.arizona.edu/new-student-immunization-requirements (go to "Submitting your Immunization Record" and then go to "Click to access PatientLink")
If you do not have current, valid documentation for an MMR immunization, you may get this immunization at UA Campus Health (this is usually less expensive) or at clinics around Tucson. Information about Campus Health immunizations can be found here: https://health.arizona.edu/immunizations-travel-clinic
- Please see the latest CDC guidelines for international travel: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/noncitizens-US-air-travel.html
Taking the exam: (IEP students only)
- At your scheduled test times on May 30-31, take your placement test (separate times for writing/computer and for interview)
- For students registering by Monday afternoon, you will take your writing/computer test through Examity (you will register for a time for them). For students registering after Monday afternoon, you will take your writing test with CESL
- All students will do a live interview as part of placement
- Please allow 1 hour and 30 minutes for the written/computer test and 30 minutes for the interview
- You must complete the test on your own without help from other people, books, notes, or the internet
CESL Registration, NetID & CatMail Setup:
- Complete the online CESL Registration Form here: https://ceslapp.arizona.edu/student/regform/
- Watch a video tutorial here: https://arizona.box.com/s/tk400hv38tjmilsirtjjctrei34vtutc
Set up your University of Arizona NetID; this is used for accessing campus computers, learning programs, and all university verified sign-ins. You must have a UA NetID.
NetID set up: https://netid-portal.iam.arizona.edu/
Watch a video tutorial here: https://arizona.box.com/s/cf9z352koqztwojuqx6j43j8tojpwbp4
- You can create your official UA email account here: http://catmail.arizona.edu/
- All CESL/UA correspondence will occur through this official UA account
- You must create a CatMail email and check your CatMail email every day
You must register your NetID with CESL by 5pm (AZ time), Wednesday, May 31. If you do not register your NetID, we cannot finish your registration process.
After creating your NetID and setting up your CatMail, you must register your NetID with CESL
Register your NetID here: https://ceslapp.arizona.edu/student/netid/
You will receive an email with instructions about NetID+ after you register your NetID with CESL. This is required to access D2L and other university services.
If you have any issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take a photo of your face, facing forwards and send to: email@example.com
- If you have any issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Orientation and walking tour:
Friday, June 2, 8:00am, students will take a walking tour around campus with CESL Director Dr. Robert Cote (meet in the CESL lobby)
New Student General Orientation is on Friday, June 2, 10:00 AM (Arizona Time)
All new and returning students must attend this live orientation session with Sumayya Granger, email@example.com
In-person, CESL room 202
Survey, Schedule, and Jupiter:
Tell us about your orientation experience! After completing ALL of the above steps, you will complete the CESL Arrival Survey.
You can access the online survey here: https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bwsVQOoGQWo67VI
Watch a video tutorial here: https://arizona.box.com/s/ac33jcfhrhu5w75s62ldd19s3ekp9ox8
After completing ALL of the above steps, you will receive an email with your CESL Schedule
You will also receive an email to set up your Jupiter account. You must create your Jupiter account. Please follow instructions in the video tutorial here: https://uarizona.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0CHOOPQTl7AbB7E
- New students who do not attend orientation on Friday of intake week will be charged a late orientation fee of $100 and will not be allowed to receive a schedule until the fee is paid and orientation is completed.
- Late tuition fee: 10% of tuition. Applicable to new, returning, and continuing students who have not paid tuition by 5:00 PM on Tuesday of intake week.
If a full time student fails to enroll on time and accumulates excessive absences, his/her I-20 will be terminated and they will be dismissed from CESL.
Additional New Student Information
You may use Campus Recreation for an additional fee. You must go to Campus Recreation and bring your CESL ID to sign up and pay. Campus Recreation rates for CESL students:
- 30-day pass: $45
- 60-day pass: $70
- 90-day pass: $95
For more information visit: https://rec.arizona.edu/
Informação do seguro de saúde
Transportation in Tucson
Sun Tran Bus
The city public bus system has routes to most parts of the city. You can pick up a current bus schedule in C202. Inside you will find information about prices and bus passes. It is easy to get from the university to the four shopping Malls on the bus. When you are reading the schedule, be sure that you look at the right time. There are different schedules during the week and weekends and holidays.
Bicycle Route Maps of Tucson
University Bicycle Route Maps
- wear helmet and lock up bike
- Bicycles are a good way to travel around the campus and to apartments nearby. Riders should know the regulations for bicycle riding and should ride carefully.
- Bicycle Registration is free, and it is a very good idea to register your bicycle with Parking and Transportation to help identify your bike if it is stolen.
Owning a Car
Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division
Parking on campus
Food & Dining