CESL GRAND CANYON TRIP
Experience one of the seven natural wonders of the world--the Grand Canyon! This is one activity that simply must be experienced to be believed--the scope, beauty, and majesty of the Grand Canyon has to be seen in person to truly appreciate it. Join CESL and UA students/scholars/student workers/and teachers on this life-changing adventure.
The full itinerary is below. We will meet in front of the CESL building on Friday, April 19th at 7:00am--please do not be late. We'll return around 5:30pm on Sunday, April 21st. If you live in Arizona and have not visited this breathtaking place yet, then what are you waiting for? Make memories that will last a lifetime!
- WHAT: Come join your friends and classmates as we experience the beauty and history of the Grand Canyon--one of the seven natural wonders of the world!
- DATES: Friday, April 19-Sunday, April 21
- COST: $320 per person (Fee includes round-trip transportation, Grand Canyon park entrance fee, and two nights double-occupancy lodging in the Yavapai East Lodge right in the park near the canyon rim; it does NOT include food)
- LODGING: Yavapai East Lodge (very comfortable rooms right in the park, near the canyon rim, surrounded by beautiful nature and wildlife)
- CONTACT PERSON/TRIP LEADER: Jim Epstein <firstname.lastname@example.org> or Glen Piskula <email@example.com> CESL 200
Spring 2019 Grand Canyon Trip Itinerary:
Friday, April 19th
7:00 a.m. Depart from flagpole behind Old Main
9:15 a.m. Rest stop north of Phoenix
11:30 a.m. Lunch in Sedona
5:00 p.m. Arrive at Grand Canyon
Free time. Shop for food supplies, watch sunset, eat dinner in town
Saturday, April 20th
Free time. Hike, visit museums, shop at gift stores, watch the sunrise and sunset, ride FREE shuttle along rim, take photos
Sunday, April 21st
9:30 a.m. Leave Grand Canyon
11:30 a.m. Arrive in Flagstaff for lunch and free time
1:30 p.m. Depart Flagstaff for Tucson
5:30 p.m. Arrive back to CESL and University of Arizona
- Bring some warm clothing. The rim of the Grand Canyon is at 2,000 meters and can be cool at night, even in summer. Also, be prepared in case of rain. Bring comfortable walking shoes and a day pack. Also bring sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses.
- Bring money for food. You can use a credit card and there is also an ATM. There is a supermarket and cafeteria at the Grand Canyon. The price of food in the cafeteria and in the Sedona restaurants is more expensive than here in Tucson.
- During free time, you can choose to participate in the planned activities, like hiking or watching the sunset, or you may plan your own activities. Just tell the tour leader what your plans are.
- Please obey all hiking signs. Don’t leave marked trails.
- There is no internet access in the hotel rooms, but there is wifi in the cafeteria, which opens early and closes late.
THIS WILL BE A TRIP THAT YOU WILL REMEMBER ALL OF YOUR LIFE!
Space is very limited for this special activity, so register now to reserve your spot.
*Also, once you have registered, please download and complete the attached "Grand Canyon Release Form" and return it to CESL 101 or to Glen or Jim in CESL 200.
THIS ACTIVITY IS NOW SOLD OUT!