- CESL students in the Undergraduate or Graduate University Pathway tracks may apply for CESL Endorsement (see table below for level 8 vs. level 9 requirements).
- CESL's Undergraduate Endorsement can be used instead of a TOEFL or IELTS score to meet UA's minimum English language requirement for full undergraduate admission to the UA, and fulfills all subsequent English requirements.
- CESL's Graduate Endorsement is accepted by many UA Graduate Departments as fulfillment of the minimum English language requirement. Graduate students should check with their department to verify acceptance of CESL's Graduate Endorsement instead of a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Endorsement decisions are made after final grades are issued.
- Endorsement is valid for one year from the date of issuance.
- Endorsement is only available to full-time students.
- CESL's Undergraduate Endorsement: Full-time students in levels 8 or 9 in the Undergraduate University Track Pathway can earn endorsement as follows:
ELIGIBLE SESSIONS FOR
ENDORSEMENT FROM CESL
Level 9 (any session - no application necessary)
2.0 (Must pass all classes with C / P or higher)
Level 8 (may only apply Fall 2, Spring 2, Summer)
3.0 (Must pass all classes with C / P or higher)
- CESL's Graduate Endorsement: Full-time students in level 8 or 9 in the Graduate U-Track Pathway must earn a high GPA and demonstrate a high level of English proficiency in CESL in-house exams to earn CESL's Graduate Endorsement. The sessions in which Graduate U-Track Pathway are eligible for endorsement are shown in the table above.
How to Apply
- Level 8 Undergraduate U-Track Pathway students who would like to apply for CESL's Undergraduate Endorsement must complete the endorsement application by the end of week 5 of the current session. Please fill out the Online Endorsement Application by 5:00 pm on the Friday of week 5 of the current session.
- Please note that there is a $25 fee to apply for CESL's Undergraduate Endorsement from level 8. Level 9 students are automatically considered for endorsement – there is no fee.
- Level 8 Graduate U-Track Pathway students must complete the Online Endorsement Application by 5:00pm on the Friday of week 5 to be considered for CESL's Graduate Endorsement.
- After completing the online application, students will receive an email notification during the session with their writing and interview testing times and locations. Failure to complete the writing or interview will result in disqualification.
- Graduate-bound students must also have an authorized advisor in their intended graduate department complete the Graduate Approval Form to verify that CESL's Graduate Endorsement will be accepted. This completed form must be submitted to Jay Pence by the Friday of week 7.
- Please note that there is a $50 fee to apply for CESL's Graduate Endorsement in level 8. Level 9 students are automatically considered for endorsement – there is no fee.
- GPA Requirement
- Online Endorsement Application
- Field-specific timed writing (week 7)
- Field-specific oral interview (week 7)
- Feedback from each current CESL instructor (collected by the Endorsement Coordinator)
- After you receive endorsement, you must speak with the Admissions Office immediately to discuss your transfer and immigration options.
- Ryan Shelby, email@example.com